Unfortunately there is probably as much confusion in the carpet cleaning industry about fabric and fiber protection as there is about cleaning. Uneducated, uninformed, and sometimes downright unscrupulous carpet cleaners cause a great deal of confusion by giving out false information or intentionally misrepresenting the product.
A nylon stain-resistant carpet is made with two protective materials: The first is an acid dye blocker that is basically a clear dye that fills the extra dye sites in a fiber. This helps to keep “foreign” dyes (such as red dye in a beverage) from penetrating the carpet fiber.
The second material is called a “fluorochemical”. It is commonly known as 3M Scotchgard ® or DuPont Teflon ®. This treatment helps keep spillage from actually getting to the acid dye blocker, but its biggest job is to resist dry soil.
By resisting dry soil, less soil bonds to the carpet, therefore being picked up by your vacuum or cleaning. Making sure that you have a sufficient amount of protector on your carpet will help keep the soil from bonding to the carpet.
Once it bonds to the carpet, it acts like sandpaper on your traffic area. Once the traffic area yarns are broken down, there is no way to bring them back to their original state.
When fabric and fiber protection is applied, carpets will stay clean longer. Check out this blog post titled, “How Often Should You Clean Carpets?”
Over a period of 6 months to 2 years depending on the traffic, a significant amount of protector can be removed from your traffic areas and needs to be reapplied.
Uneducated, uninformed, and sometimes “downright unscrupulous” carpet cleaners use harsh chemicals on the carpet that will strip it’s protection. If one of these materials has been in your house, you may want to have the carpet re-protected.
1. Reduces permanent stains : A great looking carpet can be ruined by an ugly spot. Unprotected carpet doesn’t repel spillage as well as protected carpet. Being able to remove spots and spills more effectively, you can avoid permanent staining. Better Homes and Gardens has published a post about carpet stains and how to remove them.
2. Helps save your traffic areas from becoming destroyed : Traffic area soil is very abrasive and cuts carpet yarns like a knife. This damaging soil can easily bond to an unprotected carpet. By applying protector, you will increase the life of your carpet dramatically. When you vacuum your protected carpet the soils will release from the carpet pile much more effectively.
3. Make spots easier to remove: The easier a spot is to remove, the less cleaner you will have to use, the less agitation you will have to use, and the less time it will take. Many spots can be removed easily with just water.
4. Makes your next professional cleaning more effective: Having protector applied to your carpet will enhance your next cleaning. More soil will be removed the next time your carpeting is professionally cleaned.
5. Helps avoid costly service calls: Although you want to call us out to handle any spot you cannot remove immediately, carpet protector helps you remove more spots than you could without protector. You may be able to save a minimum charge by removing the spot yourself.
The result of having protector applied to your carpet is that your carpet will look better and last longer.
Ace Carpet Cleaning 817-905-0413
When you get your carpets cleaned, it’s a great opportunity to consider adding a fabric and fiber protector to your carpets. A fabric and fiber protector will provide many benefits for your carpets.
These include helping to repel spills and stains. Making it easier to clean up messes before they become permanent.
Fabric and fiber protector also helps to prevent dirt and debris from embedding in the carpet fibers. This makes it easier to vacuum and maintain the cleanliness of your carpets.
Additionally, a fabric and fiber protector extend the life of your carpets by protecting them from wear and tear.
At Ace Carpet Cleaning, we offer fabric and fiber protector services that enhance your carpet cleaning service. Our experienced team will help you choose the right protector for your carpets. They will apply it quickly and efficiently.
Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of fabric and fiber protectors and to schedule an appointment for your commercial carpet cleaning needs.